|Image by PearlsofJannah (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Here are the answers to today’s sentence quiz:
- She enjoys reading late at night. This sentence has a subject (she) and a verb (enjoys). It also begins with a capital letter and ends with correct punctuation (.).
- On their way to the grocery store. This fragment is missing the subject and the verb. Who was on the way to the grocery store? What happened on the way?
- The teacher took attendance This “sentence” is missing punctuation (.) to signal the end of the sentence.
- he stopped to talk to the neighbours. This “sentence” is missing a capital letter to signal the beginning of the sentence.
- The children wanted a trip to the zoo, they were on their best behaviour. This is a run-on sentence — two sentences (each with a subject and a verb) divided by a comma. To fix it, swap out the comma for a period.
How did you do?